Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David! Luke 2:9-11 (NLT)
The birth of Jesus was great news for humanity. There was separation between God and humanity as a result of sin, but God fixed man’s sin problem by sending His Son (Jesus) to die for our sins. So, the “good news” as referenced in the verse means that we can have forgiveness of our sins through Jesus, we can have eternal life, and we can have a relationship with God. The fact that Jesus was sent to pay a debt that we couldn’t pay will bring great joy to all people. Use the questions below to study the verses above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?