If you love me, keep my commands. John 14:15 (NIV)
Jesus made a very simple statement in the verse above. He was emphasizing the point that love is tied to obedience. How often do we tell God we love Him, but we willingly choose to live our own way or do whatever we want? If you love God, you should obey God. In what area of your life have you been diligently obeying God? In what area of your life have you been choosing to do whatever you want? If you love God, obey the Bible and do what He tells you to do. Use the questions below to study the verse above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?