For as he thinks in his heart, so is he… Proverbs 23:7 (NKJV)
The verse above highlights a very simple point. What do you think about yourself or your current situation? The Bible tells us that you will become whatever you believe in your heart. Have you ever thought, “Today will be a horrible day,” and the day ended up being horrible? Or maybe you thought, “I know traffic will be terrible,” and it was? Begin to monitor what you believe about yourself and your life. In what specific areas do you need to change the way you think (about yourself, people, circumstances, etc.)? Use the questions below to study the verse above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?