So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12 (NIV)
We all know someone who is difficult to love. This could be a neighbor, co-worker, or family member. The Bible reveals the idea that we should take the initiative and not wait on them. We should be the person who is actively treating them how we want to be treated, despite how they are treating us. If you find it difficult to treat others how you want to be treated, remember that God continues to love and care for you when you are being difficult or disobedient. Use the questions below to study the verse above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
- What captured your attention?
- Did anything challenge you? Why?
- What do I learn about God?
- What do I learn about people?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there an action to avoid?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- With whom should I share this truth?