One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Proverbs 11:24-25 (NIV)
The verses above reveal that a person who gives freely gains even more. Sometimes we view giving as losing something, but we learn that when we give it is multiplied and returns to us. So, it is impossible to give to God and lose what we gave. Whenever we give to God, He blesses us for our obedience and generosity. In what area do you need to be more generous? Use the questions below to study the verses above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?