By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. Hebrews 11:24-26 (NIV)
You must decide in 2020 that you won’t be distracted by the temporary problems in your life. The Bible tells us that Moses was focused. He was looking ahead to his reward. It does not say that he was distracted by what he saw in his environment. Focusing on your reward means you are willing to endure a temporary inconvenience to achieve your goal. What did you allow to derail you from your destination in 2019? What can you do differently in 2020? Use the questions below to study the verses above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?