For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you. Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous. And when we take your gifts to those who need them, they will thank God. 2 Corinthians 9:10-11 (NLT)
The verses above have one main theme – God will provide. At times, we may not understand how God will provide or how God will create a solution for our needs. But God knows exactly what you need, and He knows the best solution for that need. We also see that there is a purpose behind the increase that God brings into our life. We learn that we are blessed so we can be generous and impact others. The objective is not to consume everything on ourselves, but to use what God has given us to transform the lives of others. How can you be more generous? Use the questions below to study the verses above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?