By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. Hebrews 11:24-26 (NIV)
As we begin to think about 2020, it’s important to look ahead to our reward. Maybe you have some short-term goals you would like to achieve in the near future. Before you start those goals, you must begin with the end in mind. Focusing on the outcome will provide motivation during those times when you feel like giving up. For Moses, he was willing to endure short-term inconvenience to achieve his objective. He viewed the long-term reward as greater than any temporary benefit. What are you willing to sacrifice as you look ahead to your reward? Use the questions below to study the verses above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?