God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it. John 3:17 (LB)
Sometimes we have the idea that God is angry and waiting for the right opportunity to destroy us with a lightning bolt. This couldn’t be further from the truth. God is a loving God…that’s what this Christmas season is all about. Like any good parent, God wants us to listen to Him and make decisions that align with the Bible. He sent Jesus to die for our sins and to give us an example of how to live. Jesus was not sent to earth to condemn us, but to show how much the Father loves us. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done in your past. God wants to forgive you and He wants to have a relationship with you. Use the questions below to study the verse above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?