But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12 (NLT)
The Bible gives us a simple solution for life transformation – believe Him and accept Him. We must believe what Jesus taught us in the Bible. We must also believe that He is who the Bible says that He is. In addition, we must accept Him into our hearts. As an example, simply knowing that someone gave you a gift doesn’t help you acquire that gift. If you want the gift, you must accept it. Jesus is simply waiting for you to accept Him into your life. Pray the simple prayer below, then use the questions below to study the verse above.
Jesus, I need you in my life. Forgive me for all my sins and mess-ups. I’m tired of doing life alone and I need your help. Come into my heart and be Lord over my life. I believe in my heart that you are Lord, that you died for my sins, and that you rose from the dead. Thank you, Lord, for forgiving me and saving me. AMEN
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?