Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
This Bible verse tells us not to be anxious about anything. Instead, we should talk to God about our desires related to our problems. The verse then tells us that after presenting our requests to God, the peace of God will guard our hearts and mind. How will the peace of God guard your hearts and mind? Because you will no longer have those fears/concerns concerning your problem. You made your requests known to God and have the confidence that God heard you. How can we be confident that God heard us? Read the verse below. Next, use the questions at the bottom to study the verses above.
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15 (NIV)
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?