Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. I Peter 5:6-7 (NKJV)
Sometimes in life we encounter problems that we just can’t solve. We try everything that has worked previously to solve similar problems, but it doesn’t work. When you don’t have the answer/solutions or don’t know how to fix the issues in your life…give it to God! The verse above tells us to cast ALL our care upon Him. We must learn to exchange our stress and worry for God’s peace. How do you cast your care upon God? Give it to God in prayer…then leave it there! Don’t pick it up after your prayer is over. Literally leave your worry and struggles and take His rest and tranquility. God wants you to have peace in the midst of chaos. Use the questions below to study the verse above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?