Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)
Jesus clearly explained that He was leaving a gift for us. We can choose to accept this gift or not. He explained that He was leaving “peace” for us. He freely gives it to us so we can deal with the chaos of the world. Since Jesus was willing to give us this free gift, we should graciously accept it. When is the last time you prayed and thanked God for the peace in your life? Use the questions below to study the verse above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?