For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called… (the) Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)
Jesus is referred to as the Prince of Peace. In Hebrew, that phrase means: the one in charge (Jesus) will give rest, tranquility, and make you whole. In what areas of your life do you need to be made whole? Maybe you are experiencing some financial pressures due to the holiday season. Maybe there is something that is being unjustly withheld from you. Maybe you feel like something is missing in your life. Jesus is able to make you whole in each of these instances. Use the questions below to study the verses above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?