Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. Romans 5:2 (NLT)
We often exchange gifts with our family and friends during the Christmas season. How would you feel if you had a friend who gave you an expensive gift that you didn’t deserve? You may be embarrassed initially, but you would graciously accept the gift they prepared for you. God sent His son Jesus as a remedy for man’s sin problem. This is a gift we didn’t deserve, but because of God’s love for us He willingly gives it to us. Based on your past mistakes you may be embarrassed to receive this free gift. But we should graciously accept this gift that we didn’t deserve. Reflect on what you read. Next, use the questions below to study the verse above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
- What captured your attention?
- Did anything challenge you? Why?
- What do I learn about God?
- What do I learn about people?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there an action to avoid?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- With whom should I share this truth?