When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:6-8 (NLT)
The verse above is the ultimate expression of love. God is focused on you and wants to have a relationship with you. You may feel far from God, you may have made mistakes in your past, or you regularly skip church because things in your life seem to be going well currently. But even though we sometimes neglect our relationship with God, He hasn’t forgotten about us. God loves you so much that He sent Jesus to die for your sins. He didn’t wait for your life to be perfect before He sent Jesus to die for your sins. Jesus died for our sins while we were still sinners choosing to do things our own way. Reflect on what you read. Next, use the questions below to study the verse above.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
- What captured your attention?
- Did anything challenge you? Why?
- What do I learn about God?
- What do I learn about people?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there an action to avoid?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- With whom should I share this truth?