Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 11 (NLT)
The Bible verses above paint a clear picture of love. While this passage points to various aspects of love, it can be summed up in the fact that love is patient and kind. Here is a simple question to think about: Are you patient and kind with the people in your family? Are you patient and kind with the people in your own household? Slowly read the verses again and use the questions below to study this scripture passage.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
1. What captured your attention?
2. Did anything challenge you? Why?
3. What do I learn about God?
4. What do I learn about people?
5. Is there an example to follow?
6. Is there a command to obey?
7. Is there an action to avoid?
8. Is there a promise to claim?
9. With whom should I share this truth?