“Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:26-28 (NIV)
Love serves when put into action. Love is sincere, sacrificial, and selfless. We see love in action when Jesus served others and died on the cross. Showing love to others isn’t always easy. Sometimes it can be inconvenient. But we are commanded to extend the amount of love to others that we would want to receive in return. How do you put love into action? How do you serve others? Use the questions below to study the verses in this passage.
DISCOVERY BIBLE STUDY METHOD QUESTIONS
- What captured your attention?
- Did anything challenge you? Why?
- What do I learn about God?
- What do I learn about people?
- Is there an example to follow?
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there an action to avoid?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- With whom should I share this truth?