Welcome to The Hub, the online resource for Groups Hosts that makes hosting a group easy! See the videos/guides and FAQ section below.
You can either watch video #1 or #2 for your Groups session the week of 03/03. This video is titled “Dying to your past and celebrating your new life.” To enlarge the video, click the icon in the lower right corner. To download this video, click here.
You can either watch video #1 or #2 for your Groups session the week of 03/03. This video is titled “Sharing Your Story.” To enlarge the video, click the icon in the lower right corner. To download this video, click here.
You can either watch video #1 or #2 for your Groups session the week of 03/10. This video is titled “A Follower of Christ Demonstrates Their Love Through Obedience.” To enlarge the video, click the icon in the lower right corner. To download this video, click here.
You can either watch video #1 or #2 for your Groups session the week of 03/10. This video is titled “Followers of Jesus Introduce Others to Jesus.” To enlarge the video, click the icon in the lower right corner. To download this video, click here.
You can either watch video #1 or #2 for your Groups session the week of 03/17. This video is titled “Each Person Should Do Their Part Well.” To enlarge the video, click the icon in the lower right corner. To download this video, click here.
You can either watch video #1 or #2 for your Groups session the week of 03/17. This video is titled “Spiritual Gifts.” To enlarge the video, click the icon in the lower right corner. To download this video, click here.
Video for your Groups session during the week of 03/31. This video is titled “God Will Have Victory over His Enemies.” To enlarge the video, click the icon in the lower right corner. To download this video, click here.
Video for your Groups session during the week of 04/07. This video is titled “Opportunities and Talents.” To enlarge the video, click the icon in the lower right corner. To download this video, click here.
Here is some helpful information to you get started:
- Step 1: Click on the Facebook Group button below to request access to the private Host Facebook Group. Once you have access, make a post to say “Hello” to the entire group and continue to use the Facebook group as a way to encourage each other and connect with other Hosts (the vast majority of group news, announcements, etc., will be posted in this group). So, dive into the conversation by clicking the button today!
- Step 2: See the FAQ section below with important information regarding the semester.
- Step 3: Contact the people who want to join your group within 24 hours with the “Welcome” letter and any other information about your group (see the sample letter below). Also, regularly check your junk/spam folder to ensure that you haven’t missed any new sign ups for your group. Another step to ensure that you receive the new sign up emails is to add email@example.com to your email client “Safe Senders List”.
Click here: Facebook Group
Please click the link below to view the PDF for the first week. All other guides/videos will be listed above.
- Week of February 24th – Click Here
This semester will run for 6 weeks (it covers a 7 week period to account for spring break, etc).
Growth Group Serve
Each group will be doing a Group Serve Project during the semester. Within your group, please select a date either during or immediately after the semester to serve. The purpose of the project is for us to serve others as Christ served the world. You have the option to serve in any capacity, including serving as a group at Heritage Church.
Have an end of the semester celebration to have fun with your group and celebrate the life-change that took place this semester. Need an idea for your celebration? See the suggestions listed on this page or ask in the Facebook group.
We will have a church-wide study with some exciting new features. Stay tuned for more information!
No! Our Growth Groups are designed so that the attendees receive their instruction from the provided media. You simply move the conversation along using the study guide and provide snacks.
We encourage you to have the people in your group read the daily devotionals this semester. Click here to view the devotionals: https://experienceheritage.org/Devotionals
What’s the purpose of Growth Groups at Heritage?
It’s all about friendships! Yes, a bible study will take place and you’ll learn and grow a lot, but it’s about connecting with others, doing life together, and getting to know other people at Heritage. Also, an added benefit is that Growth Groups are a great way to make a large church feel small.
Why are Growth Groups important?
At Heritage, you’ll often hear us talk about Growth Groups. Why? God never created you to do life alone. You were created to experience life in the context of community (with other people). As an example, if your left arm got angry and decided it was going to separate from your body, how long could the arm survive by itself? Not long at all! The left arm was never designed to function detached from the body. It works best when it is united with the other members, where each part can help the other.
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NLT)
This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad. All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.
1 Corinthians 12:25-27 (NLT)
(The Early Church met in Small Groups)
And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity.
Acts 2:44, 46 (NLT)
Who is qualified to host a Growth Group?
You! In the bible verse above it mentions that “believers met together in one place”. If you have accepted Christ into your life and agree with our statement of faith, then you are qualified to host a Growth Group. You don’t need a “churchy” title, be a great speaker, or be a leader in your professional life. You simply need a heart to see others transformed and a willingness to open your home for a little over an hour once a week. We’ll equip you with the resources to make the process of hosting your group simple.
How easy is it to host a Growth Group at Heritage?
Very easy! That’s why we created the The Hub. It’s a one-stop shop for everything that you need to successfully host your Growth Group. Check out the resources on this page. Also, be sure to attend the Host training and dive into the Facebook group to ask questions.
This section was designed to give you a quick snapshot of the sign up process so you will understand the general process of how people will be able to sign up for your group.
- People will be able to sign up for your group via the main Groups page here: https://experienceheritage.org/groups
- After they hit “Submit,” you will automatically receive their email.
- The email will come from this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org – Be sure to check your spam or junk folder regularly to ensure you have contacted everyone interested in your group.
- Please contact the people interested in your group within 24 hours by sending them a “Welcome” email (sample provided) and any other information about your group.
- When your group becomes full, simply send us an email here and we will close your group.
Everyone in your group must sign up for your group! If your group is already full because the people from last semester are returning, they must sign up for your group and select either “SH-??” (SH Campus) or “IC-??” (IC Campus) and enter your name at the bottom of their form.
The session typically starts with everyone in the group hanging out and having snacks. Next, you’ll spend some time looking at what the Bible has to say, praying together, and encouraging each other.
We want you to be successful in hosting a Growth Group at Heritage Church. As a result, we created this resource to give you specific suggestions for the most effective methods to fill your group fast. Check them out below:
- It Starts With You – This is the most important point. You are the biggest cheerleader for your group. While your group will be listed on the Heritage website and we will announce that groups are open from the stage, the best and most effective recruiter for your group is…YOU! Invite everyone that you know and give them friendly reminders prior to the Growth Group semester.
- [BONUS] When inviting your family to your group, emphasize the value of the study. Even if they’re new to the groups concept, you’ll find that they may be interested in what will be discussed.
- Sign Up Early – Signing up early (before the general sign up period) to host a group means that your group will be listed on the Heritage website as soon as Growth Groups open.
- Offer Childcare – Offering childcare in your group will drastically increase the chances of filling your group fast. There are many families who would love to join a group, but they are searching for a group that offers childcare. Find the best childcare option that would work for your home.
- Tell Your Friends – Did you know that Heritage Growth Groups aren’t just for Heritage members or regular attenders? Invite your family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors, group members (parent groups, mom groups, sports groups, parents that you interact with at the events for your children, etc).
- When someone signs up for your group, please respond to them within 24 hours using a Welcome letter. Click here to see our sample letter.
- It’s best to rotate who will be bringing snacks so that the responsibility is shared by everyone. Need a snack schedule to keep track of who will be bringing snacks in the group? Click here to download the Snack Schedule form.
- For a list of helpful scriptures, click here.
- Need end of the semester celebration ideas? Click here.
- Here are some other tools that may benefit you when hosting your group:
- YouVersion: A great way to get the bible on your mobile device: www.youversion.com
- Google Forms: Google Forms is a great tool for tasks such as creating a food/dessert sign up form for the end of the semester party or to give your group options for choosing a group service project. Just sign in, create the form, and share the URL so people can complete the form.
- Remind.com: Want a quick and easy way to send a mass text message to your group? Remind.com is a great solution. Just remember, although you can send text messages to your group, they cannot respond to you or to the other people in your text message list (your messages are out-going only).
- BibleGateway: Want to dig deeper into the Bible and gain insight by reading a verse in different Bible translations? BibleGateway has this feature among other study tools.
- Graphic Design: Need to create a quick graphic during the Growth Group semester? You can use online tools like canva or pixlr.