Welcome to The Hub, the online resource for Group Hosts that makes hosting a group easy! See the guides (for sermon-based studies) and FAQ section below.
Week of 09/29/19
Week of 10/06/19
Week of 10/13/19
Week of 10/20/19
Week of 10/27/19
Week of 11/03/19
Week of 11/10/19
Week of 11/17/19
Week of 11/24/19
Here is some helpful information to you get started:
- Step 1: See the FAQ section below with important information regarding the semester.
- Step 2: Contact the people who want to join your group within 24 hours with the “Welcome” letter and any other information about your group (see the sample letter below). Also, regularly check your junk/spam folder to ensure that you haven’t missed any new sign ups for your group. Another step to ensure that you receive the new sign up emails is to add email@example.com to your email client “Safe Senders List”.
Please click the buttons above to view the PDFs. All other guides for sermon-based studies will be listed above.
This semester will run for 8 weeks (it covers a 9 week period to account for the Group Launch Party on 9/23 at the Imlay City campus and 9/26 at the Sterling Heights campus).
Group Connector’s will be able to choose their own study from a list of options or use a study that they find interesting.
No! Our Groups are designed so that the attendees receive their instruction from the provided media. You simply move the conversation along using the study guide and provide snacks.
We encourage you to have the people in your group read the daily devotionals this semester. Click here to view the devotionals: https://experienceheritage.org/Devotionals
No one was designed to go through life alone. We all need others around us for encouragement, support, and of course, having fun. That is why connecting in a group is a great next step for everyone to take.
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NLT)
This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad. All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.
1 Corinthians 12:25-27 (NLT)
This section was designed to give you a quick snapshot of the sign up process so you will understand the general process of how people will be able to sign up for your group.
- People will be able to sign up for your group via the main Groups page here: https://experienceheritage.org/groups
- After they hit “Submit,” you will automatically receive their email.
- The email will come from this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org – Be sure to check your spam or junk folder regularly to ensure you have contacted everyone interested in your group.
- Please contact the people interested in your group within 24 hours by sending them a “Welcome” email (sample provided) and any other information about your group.
- When your group becomes full, simply send an email to Pastor Tim at email@example.com and he will close your group.
Everyone in your group must sign up for your group! If your group is already full because the people from last semester are returning, they must sign up for your group and select either “SH-??” (SH Campus) or “IC-??” (IC Campus) and enter your name at the bottom of their form.
The session typically starts with everyone in the group hanging out and having snacks. Next, you’ll spend some time looking at what the Bible has to say, praying together, and encouraging each other.
We want you to be successful in hosting a Group at Heritage Church. As a result, we created this resource to give you specific suggestions for the most effective methods to fill your group fast. Check them out below:
- It Starts With You – This is the most important point. You are the biggest cheerleader for your group. While your group will be listed on the Heritage website and we will announce that groups are open from the stage, the best and most effective recruiter for your group is…YOU! Invite everyone that you know and give them friendly reminders prior to the Groups semester.
- [BONUS] When inviting your family to your group, emphasize the value of the study. Even if they’re new to the groups concept, you’ll find that they may be interested in what will be discussed.
- Sign Up Early – Signing up early (before the general sign up period) to host a group means that your group will be listed on the Heritage website as soon as Groups open.
- Offer Childcare – Offering childcare in your group will drastically increase the chances of filling your group fast. There are many families who would love to join a group, but they are searching for a group that offers childcare. Find the best childcare option that would work for your home.
- Tell Your Friends – Did you know that Heritage Groups aren’t just for Heritage members or regular attenders? Invite your family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors, group members (parent groups, mom groups, sports groups, parents that you interact with at the events for your children, etc).
- When someone signs up for your group, please respond to them within 24 hours using a Welcome letter. Click here to see our sample letter.
- It’s best to rotate who will be bringing snacks so that the responsibility is shared by everyone. Need a snack schedule to keep track of who will be bringing snacks in the group? Click here to download the Snack Schedule form.
- For a list of helpful scriptures, click here.
- Need end of the semester celebration ideas? Click here.
- Here are some other tools that may benefit you when hosting your group:
- YouVersion: A great way to get the bible on your mobile device: www.youversion.com
- Google Forms: Google Forms is a great tool for tasks such as creating a food/dessert sign up form for the end of the semester party or to give your group options for choosing a group service project. Just sign in, create the form, and share the URL so people can complete the form.
- Remind.com: Want a quick and easy way to send a mass text message to your group? Remind.com is a great solution. Just remember, although you can send text messages to your group, they cannot respond to you or to the other people in your text message list (your messages are out-going only).
- BibleGateway: Want to dig deeper into the Bible and gain insight by reading a verse in different Bible translations? BibleGateway has this feature among other study tools.
- Graphic Design: Need to create a quick graphic during the Groups semester? You can use online tools like canva or pixlr.